The velvety texture of the filling of this Provencal quiche reminiscent of creme brulee, but, of course, supplemented by sladosta onions, rich taste of bacon and crispy buttery crust.
Ingredients for 4-6 servings Provencal quiche
For the dough: 300 g flour ½ teaspoon salt, 140 grams cold butter 3-4 tablespoons ice water.
For the filling: 2 tablespoons olive oil 4 onions cut into crescents, 1 red pepper cut into slices, 100 grams of bacon or pancetta cut into small cubes, 100g smoked bacon diced, 3 eggs, 250 g crème fraîche 1 teaspoon, leaves, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation of Provencal quiche
1. Prepare substrate, the flour is sifted with the salt in a large bowl. The oil is made crumbs with flour. Was added ice water so as to obtain a medium hard dough. Do not meddle long. Wrap with foil and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and put in a well greased baking dish with a diameter of 26-30 cm. Form a rim about 1 cm high. Put in the fridge.
3. Heat the oven to 190 ° C. The dough into the pan Prick with a fork, cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes.
4. In the heated olive oil put onions and stir until slightly begin to turn red. Add pepper and bacon and stir 5-6 min., Until the bacon begins to gilding. Pour into baked crust.
5. Eggs are broken down with the cream and the thyme. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. quiches pour the cream and bake in preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 min. Or until eggs are firm.